Thursday, June 10, 2010

no. 025 - "a lemon inside"



© 2010 Heather Hingst Bennett
“A Lemon Inside"
6″ x 6"
acrylic on gesso board

I have to admit, I'm a little worried about my daily painting progress. It seems like my paintings are getting worse, not better. I don't know if it's because I'm using acrylics or if I'm trying to paint subject that are too complex? I don't know. I also miss painting on stretched canvas instead of a hardboard panel. Tomorrow I'm going to try this again in oils and maybe on canvas.

I do like the colors.

I have also veered away from my main goal for my daily paintings. Which is to paint from a still life or plein air, paint my subject directly onto my surface (no preliminary drawing and copying it onto my surface), and staying in the 6 x 6 inch size range. So, I'm going to pull myself back in and aim for these standards I have set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment