Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Pumpkin 10 Minute Challenge


It's time to start painting again! To get warmed up I thought it would be good to do some 10 minute paintings. This is an exercise I learned when I attend the Carol Marine Workshop back in May.

For this challenge you divide your surface into small sections (mine are 3"x3"). You then choose a single object to paint for 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes are over you can rearrange your subject, paint it at a different angle, or change your light source.

The top row I did on Saturday and the bottom row I did today. I think you can see some real improvements with almost each 10 minute painting. When I finish one 10 minute painting I analyze it and give myself a little improvement goal.

The colors on my palette are: titanium white, hansa yellow, cadmium yellow medium, cadmium red, cobalt blue, and burnt umber.

I also apologize for the state my blog is in currently. I took an online Blogger CSS class and I'm trying to implement what I learned on my blog...and I'm moving very slow with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment