Sunday, January 8, 2012

Remembering Grandma...



My Grandma, Eula Marie (Porter) Hingst, passed away January 4. She was 88 and as I was thinking about her all week I realized she really lead a great life. So, I'm trying not to be too sad.

Here are a few things I thought I'd share about her:

she was the absolute best grandmother 
she always wanted to see her grandchildren 
she always had time for us 
she had a huge garden and would work in it in her high heels 
she had lots of shoes...all styles and colors 
she was a 5th and 6th grade teacher
during the school year she always had her hair "set",
but in the summer she would get it cut short so it was easy to take care of 
she traveled to Europe, Ireland, Hong Kong 
i got to go with her to Europe! 
she cared...a lot

I miss her very much and I want to be just like her someday when I'm a grandmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment