Monday, July 18, 2011

Shot of Cherries - SOLD


"Shot of Cherries"
©2011 Heather Hingst Bennett
6"x6", oil on hardboard

I apologize...this painting is still wet and I had to photograph it instead of scanning it, so I can see I'm getting a glare on the cherries. I'll replace the picture as soon as the paint dries.

I have finally learned that I like to paint on a surface that has a little bit of tooth and have been using a clear gesso on my panels before I start painting. It helps my paint from sliding around too much.

If you have a moment, click on "paintings" above. I'm slowly, but surely making a little gallery page. Eventually I will have all paintings completed from this year and last year displayed with a link to the blog post.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be featuring a small art quilt every Tuesday and I'm calling this little break in painting "Textile Tuesday".

No comments:

Post a Comment